Pyrolytic Telescopic Slide Is First Slide To Avoid Potentially Harmful Fumes and Removal During Cleaning; Exclusive Supplier Relationship With Miele Announced
SANTA FE SPRINGS, California, Sept. 25, 2018 – Accuride® International, the world’s largest designer and manufacturer of sliding hardware, today announced the U.S. launch of its enhanced Pyrolytic Telescopic Slide – the only slide for self-cleaning ovens that does not release detectable emissions after initial heating. Benefits of this innovation include safe, maintenance-free oven cleaning and easier oven use.
In addition, Accuride announced an exclusive supplier agreement with Miele, one of the first OEMs to use the Pyrolytic Telescopic Slide in its self-cleaning ovens.
“Drawing on more than 50 years of design experience, our engineers developed a solution to address an issue that has stymied appliance manufacturers despite growing consumer interest in pyrolytic ovens, a type of self-cleaning oven,” said Sid Kalantar, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Accuride.
The challenge: Grease used in conventional slides produces potentially unhealthy, strong-smelling fumes when ovens are heated to the very high temperatures (up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit, or 500 degrees Celsius) required for self-cleaning. Therefore, most oven slides need to be removed before the cleaning process starts and be cleaned separately by hand.
“Our solution eliminates that roadblock,” Kalantar said. “Instead of using grease, we developed a patent-pending process for our Pyrolytic Telescopic Slide series that uses a solid lubricant made of spherical graphite elements, which minimizes emissions and generates optimal friction to ensure lubrication throughout an oven’s life.”
As a result, the slides may stay in the oven during self-cleaning, and the consumer doesn’t have to worry about adverse health effects or contend with strong emissions when removing ash after the cleaning process.
The new Accuride Pyrolytic Telescopic Slide also offers these additional advantages:
- It enables maintenance-free oven self-cleaning.
- It operates smoothly and quietly throughout an oven’s life.
- Durable and stable, it holds heavy loads securely and provides easy access, making it simple for users to access and pull out such items as cast-iron roasters and baking pans. This ease of use is particularly helpful to consumers with limited strength or mobility.
- The only dishwasher-safe slide made for self-cleaning ovens, the Pyrolytic Telescopic Slide can be run through the dishwasher to remove any minimal dirt that may remain after oven cleaning.
- Manufacturers benefit from greater customer satisfaction.
- The Accuride Pyrolytic Telescopic Slide works in all self-cleaning oven models and can be designed to meet manufacturers’ specific requirements.
Related blog post:
Contact for OEM opportunities:
Mark Augustine, Director of Sales
Contact: Wendy Marx, Marx Communications, (203) 445-2850, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Accuride® International:
Founded in 1962 as a small tool and die shop, Accuride Internationalis the world’s largest designer and manufacturer of sliding hardware. The company offers the broadest selection of movement solutions across markets and applications, as well as unmatched innovation, quality and dependability. Accuride produces light-duty, medium-duty and heavy-duty drawer and doorslides for commercial and residential uses, and it is the leading producer of specialty slides.